Alpha Bank S.A. was founded in 1879 as a small commercial firm in the city of Kalamata and since then it has developed into a dynamic Group offering a wide range of financial services.
The acquisition of the 51% of the shares of the Ionian Bank that took place in 1999 signified a landmark point in its history. The new enlarged Bank that resulted from this merger is the second largest commercial Bank in the banking sector in Greece.
As a result of its continuous growth and expansion, the Bank currently operates through a vast network of more than 400 branches all over Greece. At the same time, the establishment of the presence of the Alpha Bank Group in international markets is systematically promoted and enhanced through a dynamic and intensive program, which includes the further development of the Group's banking activities abroad. The Group also maintains a wide network of correspondents (with foreign and domestic credit institutions).
|Year of Establishment||1879|